Sunday, June 3, 2012

The boredom of...being me.

My thoughts for the day...


Hello my minions! I know it has been a while. But with the fast pace of the medical field and the constant practices and games my daughters are participating in, I have little or no time to do much of anything. Guess my life isn't so boring now. I know you must be thinking...what an oxymoron this woman is becoming. Maybe I should change my blog name. NOPE! I still find this to be dull and monotonous. Yes, I am bored still. Before you say it, yes you can be busy and be bored.

K, however keeps me a proud mommy though. She loves to be a catcher.


And B loves to be in cheer. She's in the pink and white dress...


My favorite part about being a mom is seeing them grow up and do things that they love. This is another one of them. 


Ok, that was from the first week of her learning her flute. But hey, she has gone on to be one of the best in band. She is first chair and will be in the seventh grade. I hope she gets a scholarship for this. She would do just great! Then I won't have to pay for college. 


All in all, the girls are what I live for. They make me smile in the morning and laugh throughout the day. They keep me busy when I am off work and they love me unconditionally. I do see the boredom at other times. I love them to death, but if the both of them had not been (happy) accidents, I think I would have never had kids.

I have no tolerance for kids birthday parties and that is why after their first birthday, they have never had a party. But the money each year that I don't spend on cakes and venues and decorations goes towards nice little weekend birthday trips. We go to the zoo or we just go to a hotel with a pool. Who knows, the possibilities are vast. Last year we went to Hot Springs, Arkansas for the oldest. In March, for the youngest we went to Knoxville, TN. This year for my oldest, she wants to go to St. Louis to Six Flags. Maybe I can talk her out of that and go to a near by water park. That may get her to change her mind... Who knows!

Have a nice summer, minions!    





3 comments:

  1. Birthday trips instead of parties sound so much more memorable. What a great idea!

    You say that "My favorite part about being a mom is seeing them grow up and do things that they love." What about you? What do you love to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had birthday trips too! No parties, my single Dad couldn't handle it Lol. But I remember our adventures and loved every one of them. Your girls will cherish those memories.
    I know you're bored but take comfort in knowing that I'd trade places with you even just for a day to have that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birthday trips sound great! Growing up we got neither. Cake w/ the immediate family and the birthday girl got to choose dinner.

    ReplyDelete