Thursday, March 22, 2012

The boredom...of a busy mom

So I have taken up another task! Coaching softball...I know, right? I'm already busy enough and I take on another task. But hey, I'm looking for another job to keep me double busy to keep my mind from wandering. (Yes, I want two jobs!) Technically, I would have three with the two that would bring in money and the one where I take care of everyone at home and keep the house looking somewhat clean.


In the mean time, I am coaching my daughters softball team. (Name of team to come later...) I really like being the one in charge. These girls look to me for direction and I give it to them.




The only gripe would be the parents. I have had people call the park commission about how unorganized things seem during practice...we have only had two! Some of these parents have even threatened to ask for refunds. How rude! We admit that there have been some disorganization, but if the parents would butt out and stay off the field we wouldn't have such a problem. 


Take the first practice for instance: One parent kept heckling her own child while she was trying to learn how to pitch! Saying mean things like, "You can't do it. You don't have what it takes to play that position." Every time the woman would say something the kid would make a bad pitch, but when her mom shut up, the kid did fine. I hate bully moms...


I never would do that to my kids. Self esteem for a kid is important. I'm not saying give the kid a trophy even if he/she loses, I am saying that if a kid wants to try something let them!


Enough of my gripe. My whole lesson of the week is simple really. I realized that I don't really not like some other's kids. It's their moms and dads that are sorry "you know whats".   

3 comments:

  1. Pushy parents are the worst, and it's normally down to the fact that they were never any good at it themselves at that age... therefore wish to 'live' their chance through their kids!!

    Glad that you're enjoying it though and not regretting the choice to pack out your schedule even more!! Busy bee for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the first youth sports coach I've heard those complaints from. I think it's sad that some parents would rather belittle their children than encourage them. I agree, that the 'give 'em all trophies' mentality is stupid, but it's a game. It's supposed to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy sports parents are the worst! My mom was a crazy Pageant mom! Probably the beginning of the decline of our relationship. These parents don't realize the damage they are doing!

    ReplyDelete